Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Day 171-"Prepare Every Needful Thing"

I have been feeling the need to redo our pantry along with our food storage.  I am hoping it is not because some unknown disaster is coming, but only that I need to be prepared.  Thus, today I finally evaluated, organized, tossed and ordered cans of food storage.  This April it will have been five years and time to refill our barrels of water we store in the garage.  How can five years have gone by already?  I also had the thought that supplies should not just be stored in one place in case the pantry collapses during an earthquake, heaven forbid.  Cans of chicken, tuna and green beans are stashed underneath our bed from our trip to Costco a week ago.  

As my dear friend and walking buddy found out last week, the strangest and most unexpected things can happen like a branch from a redwood tree torpedoing through her roof and landing in her closet during one of our rare rain storms.  Fortunately no one was hurt.  Life is full of twists and turns from bizarre weather in the East and gorgeous weather with few exceptions in the West for now.  

Throughout our lives, we need to be prepared for adversity so we can take care of ourselves and our neighbors.  Now if my other drawers and closets would magically clean and organize themselves.  They might just have to wait because they are not high on the priority list so peruse all you want in my home, but don't open most closet doors or drawers.  I am thankful the pantry is done so that prompting to do it will move on to other important things for which I already have an inkling what those might be.  To be continued . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment