Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Day 170-Sleepless in Alamo

I keep waking up at 2 AM and don't seem to be able to go back to sleep for an hour or more.  Once or twice in a month may be okay, but two or three times a week is not. It use to be that at 2 or 3 AM I received impressions for writing and I loved it.  Now, I am mostly awake thinking, but not necessarily accomplishing much.  I would rather be sleeping and not feel tired when I actually do wake up to start my day.  Like the fog that stretched over the Bay Area today, my lack of sleep makes me foggy.

But, don't you worry, I still keep paper and pen by my bed in case an idea pops in my head concerning my children, husband, task at hand, or blog.  I can still remember times when an entire poem spilled out onto the page in the middle of the night with the moon bright and the sun hidden.  Ahh, at such times I do not mind being awake when those true inspirations float down from heaven.  I think at the moment I am too sleepy when I awake that my cognitive processes can't possibly work well nor am I as keenly in tune with the promptings of the Spirit.  The whisperings of the Spirit are exactly that so I need to be alert and awake to hear them.  I am tired as I write tonight so with any luck, I will sleep well all night long with sweet dreams.

Sweet dreams are just 
one of my favorite things
with our grandchildren!

No comments:

Post a Comment