Monday, February 9, 2015

Day 162-A Big Reunion

I learned this morning that my mom's brother, my Uncle Gary, passed away peacefully in his sleep.  GB are the initials for his name Gary Brown and his nickname Golden Boy whom I have referenced in a previous blog. In poor health at 84, I am sure Uncle Gary is happy joining his parents and his two sisters who are already in heaven.  It is hard to believe that my mom has been gone 15 years; I was just 40 and she 72 then.  I imagine they are having one big reunion with lots of dancing. How they all loved to dance, especially Uncle Gary and my mom.  

My mom and her siblings learned how to dance in a small Mormon community in Saint Johns, Arizona where they grew up.  I spent many summers there as a child celebrating Pioneer Day on July 24th where there are always big family reunions.  Uncle Gary always remembered me running in a race at the rodeo grounds carrying a watermelon.  He knew I could run fast.  I am thankful for the twinkle in his eye that he shared with my mom and the smile on his face.  

Granddaddy Brown, Nano, Uncle Gary & me
on Pioneer Day @1966 in St. Johns, AZ
(Grover Pratt Brown, Jeffie May (Duke) Brown,
Gary Brown and Charlotte May)

My Aunt Annette & Mom
(Annette Neblett and Nadeen May)
in Redondo Beach, CA




No comments:

Post a Comment