Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Day 163-Traveling the Interstate

While waiting for Rick who happened to be sitting in a dentist chair (his third chair of the day traveling between two dentists for an implant), I stayed in the car the last hour.  I had no particular place I had to be and for once I was not excited to drive anywhere even to window shop. Instead, I had a keen vantage point to watch the cars on the freeway zoom pass.  Semis, big vans, sedans, minivans, mini coopers, red, white, blue, taupe and gray all with places to be.  I am usually one of those cars heading for a particular place.  In fact, most days I hop on and off Interstate 680 once or twice if not more.

Those destinations include many "have to's" and some "want to's", most worthwhile, and a few unnecessary. Sometimes, I wonder if I ever stop long enough to evaluate where I truly need to be and why or am I on a treadmill of sorts?  Walking or running fast, but not getting anywhere of value.  Most of the time, all of us need to be going somewhere, but sometimes we just need to stay put and be still.  Using a quote that Jenessa used today as well, it is easy to get caught up "in the thick of thin things".  Pausing, even stopping, to evaluate where we have been and where we are going is valuable so we arrive safe, sound and happy at the places that matter most with those who matter most.  A complete stop before proceeding through the intersection is a wise move!

Danville Blvd in Front of Interstate 680 and 
Mount Diablo in the Backround

No comments:

Post a Comment