Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Day 108-We Are Not Alone

I am writing early this morning having woke up at 2 AM with those nagging thoughts of a child, which I have done for several days now.  The excitement of being together soon with our children and grandchildren for the holidays has also made me keenly aware of my son who will be missing.  And how I miss him!  I can picture him as a baby, child, teenager and young adult at many Christmases past.  I miss his funny laugh, smile and hugs the most.

As parents, whether our children are young or old, we can be assured that we are not alone in our divine role. More importantly, our children are not alone even when they are not physically with us for God is well aware of them, their needs, and their divine potential.   I have faith that the joy we feel with Jenessa home from her mission will someday be felt when our Cameron returns.  God has the big picture of which I can see only a small part, but I can feel peace knowing Cameron is in a good place as I send love, strength and hope to him in my heart and prayers each day.  And I do the same for the many people I know who have loved ones near and far struggling as well.  We are not alone; we have each other and God.

"There was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men" (Luke 2:13-14).  "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (John 3:16).  #ShareTheGift

Cameron Is Top Right of the Christmas Tree
December 3, 2014
John Volken Academy


No comments:

Post a Comment