Thursday, December 18, 2014

Day 109-Bundle Love

Last night into early morning I wrapped gifts; I finished at 2:00 AM. This year less time has been given to how neatly the paper is cut, folded and taped, but more time was spent on making bows out of ribbon.  As in years past, I still use too much tape and am glad my family recognizes my obsession with tape.  Nevertheless, the overall effect of the presents under the tree is lovely as long as you don't look too close at each individual box.

Traditionally while I wrap, I watch The Holiday and While You Were Sleeping because each has a storyline having to do with the Christmas season and I love romantic comedies. Juliann phoned earlier in the month and said that one of her favorite things about Christmas is wrapping gifts.  I would agree, especially when I have more time to enjoy it.  It's a time to be creative as well as feel the joy of giving.

Gift wrapping is another way to bundle up all the love that goes inside the box with the gift.  The love inside is more valuable than the gift itself.

 This year I added the chalkboard-like wrapping paper!


No comments:

Post a Comment