Saturday, November 8, 2014

Day 69-Looking Forward

My granddaughter Mae who is six years old has a part in the children's primary program during church tomorrow. She has learned and memorized the line:  "We look forward to going to the temple to make other special covenants."  Mae and Henry like to point out the Provo Tabernacle that is being made into a temple every time we drive by.  They especially like to see the Angel Moroni on top of the temple.  In addition to learning about temples at church and in her home, Mae has learned in dance about the term spotting which is a technique used by dancers during a dance turn to keep them focused and less dizzy or disoriented.  This technique makes the spin appear much faster and sharper.  If we applied the term spotting as a technique in regard to the temple, we would have the temple be 'the spot' we always return to as we stay focused on the importance of God's plan of salvation that will keep us happy and safe. 
You are never lost when you can see the temple.  The temple will provide direction for you and your family in a world filled with chaos.  It is an eternal guidepost which will help you from getting lost in the 'mist of darkness'.~Gary E. Stevenson
As I focus on the temple, I love my family with a deeper love, desire to be a better person, and want to keep the sacred promises I have made so that I can have an eternal family.  I echo the  words of David A. Bednar along with my granddaughter Mae who is learning to look forward and focus on the temple:
Within the sound of my voice are many young women, young men, and children.  I plead with you to be worthy, to be steadfast, and to look forward with great anticipation to the day you will receive the ordinances and blessings of the temple. 
I am so grateful for Mae and Henry learning these treasured truths!



95

I Love to See the Temple

1. I love to see the temple.
I'm going there someday
To feel the Holy Spirit,
To listen and to pray.
For the temple is a house of God,
A place of love and beauty.
I'll prepare myself while I am young;
This is my sacred duty.
2. I love to see the temple.
I'll go inside someday.
I'll cov'nant with my Father;
I'll promise to obey.
For the temple is a holy place
Where we are sealed together.
As a child of God, I've learned this truth:
A fam'ly is forever.
Words and music: Janice Kapp Perry, b. 1938

No comments:

Post a Comment