Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Day 65-Napping

Napping makes all the difference.  My grandson Henry had a nap on Sunday and today, but not yesterday because as his grandma, I kept interrupting him with Mae's school activity, lunch, and a grocery shop at Walmart.  Since he did not get a chance to recharge and reboot, his favorite word in the evening became "no" and not just because he is two years old.  

A good nap helps all of us, young or old, from becoming overtired and moody.  I have forgotten the 24/7 demands of being a mother as I watch two of my grandchildren this week. I have dreams of planning and organizing the holidays and other tasks while they sleep, but as you may have guessed, so far after posting pictures of the fun things we have done together and writing my blog, sleep wins.  Not even Diet Pepsi keeps me awake.  Plus, morning comes early like this morning when first Henry appears and climbs into bed falling fast asleep again followed by Mae who after singing and talking settles down for perhaps 25 more minutes.  Then, she is ready for us to go downstairs for early morning cartoons.  Mae and Henry even have me watching and enjoying Wild Kratts on PBS KIDS.

After a good night's sleep, we all wake up happy albeit I may still be a little groggy.  Taking care of grandchildren reminds me of when I took care of my own children and felt sleep deprived.  Bring it on!  Those times when my children were small are some of my dearest, treasured mommeries ever.  Grandchildren are blessings that allow you to live those sweet moments again without the constant responsibility.  Being a grandparent is better than I could have ever dreamed as long as I remember dreams come about when napping.

Henry crept down the stairs after bedtime, 
joined me to play with his little cars for a few minutes, 
then fell fast asleep on the sofa and
hugged me tight as I put him back to bed.
Life doesn't get better than this!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment