Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Day 31-'You Are the Author of Your Own Life Story'

This morning I tested students in the library of a middle school in our area.  While proctoring the exam, I noticed the saying on the wall:  "You Are the Author of Your Own Life Story" and loved it.  Like an author who weaves words into tales, we too can create ourselves.  I have known from when I was young that I loved English so when all was said and done, I majored in it in college.  I also enjoy dancing, decorating, flower arranging, hosting, piano, reading, serving others, teaching, and tennis.  On Monday I had a piano lesson; tonight I will attend a flower-arranging class; and on Friday I will participate in a tennis clinic.  

At this point in my life I do not plan on becoming a master at any one thing, but I want to embrace every day with passion.  What I like to do may not be what you like to do.  Have you thought about what it is that floats your boat?  For example, beginning this blog has been the best way for me to gain confidence in my ideas and abilities as a writer while feeling very blessed, humbled, and untrained.  If you are the author of your own life story, what will the cover of your book look like?  Do you have a title picked out?  What will the chapter headings be about?  Besides yourself, who will you write your book for and dedicate it to?  Most of all, follow the muse within yourself, be inspired by others, and begin today doing what you enjoy and love, which will become the sentences and paragraphs of your lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment