Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Day 30-'On a Clear Day'

On most Tuesday mornings I volunteer at the Oakland Temple from 6 am to noon.  I leave my home in the dark at 5:20 am and Rick will already have left for work in San Francisco. He has made a similar commute every weekday for thirty years and has caught the moon still in the horizon as the sun rises over the bay more often than not. Today when I left the temple, the day greeted me with warmth and sunshine.  I had to seize the moment and take in another incredible view across the bay from Oakland to San Francisco.  My iPhone does not do it justice.  The sky was clear and both bridges--the Oakland Bay Bridge and the Golden Gate--majestically stood tall in the distance.   

The lyrics to On a Clear Day sung by Barbra Streisand in the 1970 movie with the same title came to my head as I looked at the gorgeous panoramic view of the cities before me.  I thought I would include them here so they could drift in and out of my mind to your mind as you picture a number of breathtaking views you have seen in your lifetime as well.  The world can be a beautiful place.

On a clear day 
Rise and look around you
And you'll see who you are
On a clear day
How it will astound you
That the glow of your being
Outshines every star

You'll feel part of 
Every mountain, sea and shore,
You can hear from far and near
A world you've never never heard before

And on a clear day
On a clear day
You can see forever and ever and 
ever and evermore.

Oakland-San Francisco




No comments:

Post a Comment