Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Week 49~A Young Women Leader and a Box of Kleenex

So, what do you do when life offers you choices and you need to make the best one, especially when it comes to who you should marry?  Well, you go to the living room of your previous sweet Young Women President who is fair and objective, she places a box of Kleenex in front of you, and let's you pour out your heart.  She knows not to tell you what to do, but she just listens, gives words of wisdom if you ask, and hugs you till you are calm and peaceful again.  The choice is still before you, but the path to find the answer is clear and much easier to follow.  

I will forever be grateful to Sister Phyllis Pingree from Ygnacio Valley Ward before it was split into Northgate 1st and 2nd Wards for being there long after I had graduated from Northgate High School.  She was no longer my YW President when I came to her, but her friendship and ability to love me unconditionally remained.  Her open door policy allowed me to have a person besides my family to counsel with and to hear me.  She may not remember my coming to her, but I will always remember. My life has been blessed because of her being in it long ago.  I hope I can do the same!

Sister Pingree with Kim Chingas and me (1981)

Laurel Activity July 13, 2016 Theme:
The importance of developing
good relationships with the YW and their leaders!

No comments:

Post a Comment