Thursday, March 12, 2015

Day 193-100,000 Miles

My 2009 Honda Pilot had a milestone hitting the 100,000-mile mark.  Apparently, this is now considered middle age for high quality vehicles.  So I guess my car and I are about the same age with tens of thousands of miles left.  I hope so anyway.  There is still so much to do in this life and each year, well really, each week just comes up faster and faster.  Thus, I began thinking of some items on our bucket list which includes mostly places Rick and I want to visit, such as our most recent incredible trips to New York to see the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center in 2013 and Friday Harbor in Washington and parts of BC in 2014 with Rick's parents. This year I am relishing the idea of relaxing in Tahoe at our cabin after Jenessa's lovely wedding.  Our dreams for the future include attending all four tennis opens: Australian, French, US, and Wimbledon.  Australian Open is set for January 2016; Rick is a planner!  Just like miles tick away on a car so do weeks on a calendar.  For now, I am hoping the short version on our bucket list includes more happy times together with family and friends, more walks, more talks, more sun, more service, more naps.


No comments:

Post a Comment