Saturday, February 28, 2015

Day 181-Get On the Plane

We need to calm our fears and anxiety, trust our faith, and get on the plane (of life).  I love to travel, but ironically I hate to fly.  However, I always get on the plane.  Sometimes there is bad weather like today when I flew from Salt Lake City to Oakland.  I prayed as I drove to the airport that the snow coming down would turn to rain by the time I arrived at the airport. Fortunately, it did. At take off and landing, we had some turbulence and I prayed once more; however, when we rose above the dark clouds, we found there was a calm, blue-gray sky.  I prayed some more in gratitude.

Sometimes we may be on the plane, but we sit on the tarmac for a while waiting for our adventure of life to begin.  When given the all clear, we are advised to proceed so we can learn to soar.  We won't do it perfectly by ourselves so we pray for safety and good choices along the way with the aid of an air traffic controller.  God can see the big picture when we cannot.  If we do head in the wrong direction or get on a bumpier path, we can change attitude, altitude and even direction if needed for a better course.

It is especially nice to travel with family and friends who share our good times and hard times along the way.  I am grateful for my husband who helps me soar to greater heights every day.  Often we may get into a gliding pattern or dip down a bit, but mostly we head straight.  With God, our loved ones, faith and trust, we can get on the plane and head to destinations of incredible possibilities.


No comments:

Post a Comment