Friday, February 13, 2015

Day 166-Friday the 13th

I love Friday the 13th ever since Rick gave me a promise ring on Friday, August 13, 1976. We met his sophomore year at Northgate High School when I moved in during my freshman year.  We dated till he moved to New Jersey just before his senior year which became the reason for giving me the promise ring.  It was then we agreed that we should date other people, but we liked each other best.  Before moving, he took me to Le Virage in Walnut Creek for a lovely dinner and then gave me a sweetheart ring with two hearts bonded together in gold. I love this ring for its simple significance that later turned out to be much, much more.  We met nearly 40 years ago, he gave me the  promise ring almost 39 years ago and we married almost 34 years ago in the Oakland Temple.  I am mindful how blessed we both are to be together forever!



No comments:

Post a Comment