Thursday, February 12, 2015

Day 165-Happy Birthday Mom

Today is Abraham Lincoln's birthday and also my mother's birthday.  She would have been 87 years old. One of her favorite places when she lived in California and when she came back for a visit was downtown Walnut Creek's Broadway Plaza.  She liked to window shop and could name all of the flowers the gardeners had planted to make outside the shops lovely and quaint. This is a picture from my mother's last visit.  This round cement bench no longer exists since the ongoing remodeling of Broadway Plaza, but I will always remember this spot.  Just like when I see the Alyssum white ground cover that carpets many flower beds like snow.  My mom planted Alyssum in the borders of our flower gardens at home.  It is just one of the many sweet and beautiful flowers she loved which reminds me of her.





No comments:

Post a Comment