Thursday, January 1, 2015

Day 123-"Oy With The Poodles Already!"

I have to give a salute to Edward Hermann, an accomplished actor, who died yesterday.  Gilmore Girls has always been one of my favorite television series of which he played Mr. Richard Gilmore, father to Lorelei (Lauren Graham).  I recall visiting the Warner Brothers studio in SoCal with my family and loved seeing the set of Gilmore Girls after the last season had aired. To this day I have wanted to talk as fast as Lorelei.  

I also want to wish everyone a very Happy New Year! Fabulous neighborhood fireworks welcomed the new year at Grandma Joan's in Sandy, Utah.  In addition, I am looking forward to implementing my goals for 2015.  With the new year is an opportunity to press forward with the courage within ourselves to do just that.   "Oy with the poodles already" as quoted in Gilmore Girls can be used to stop someone from talking non-stop.  I will tweak this phrase a bit to mean to stop with our non-stop excuses and move forward already!  We can do it to achieve our goals.  'Life is short at its longest" my mother would often say so we better get a move on to accomplish all that we deem important and valuable in our lives.  Trying and applying our goals is better than still talking about them.   Good luck to all of us to start right now.  


No comments:

Post a Comment