Monday, November 10, 2014

Day 71-Packing

Tonight Rick and I are packing:  he is at home in California and I am in Utah.  He leaves on a business trip for Minnesota while I fly home to California.  Different planes, different flights, different places, same day. Instead of two ships who pass in the night, we are two planes who pass in the day.  We will finally see each other after 11 days of being apart the day after tomorrow.
My life in Utah has filled my cup as a mother and grandmother:  a reminder of the ebb and flow of the routine of small children, the delight in their play and the constant cleaning up of their messes, the joy in their laughter and the wiping of their tears.  A simplicity of life before the outside world enters in as children grow up.  

Today was a time to share with my daughter in basic tasks and fun (feeding and dressing children, straightening the house, carpooling, Target shopping, ordering Christmas gifts, enjoying The Museum of Natural Curiosity and Zupas) all while watching her be a wonderful mother to my grandchildren.  Dreading the goodbye tomorrow, but looking forward to the hello from my adult children who live in California, I fold my clothes not caring half as much about packing on the return flight home.  I am especially looking forward to seeing my best friend and spending time with him when we both find ourselves home for little while.  

So thankful to be a wife,
a mother, 
and a grandmother!

No comments:

Post a Comment