Sunday, October 5, 2014

Day 35-So Many Quotes to Choose From

Once again, my focus today has been gleaning from the words of the prophet and leaders of the October 2014 General Conference that I spoke about in yesterday's blog.  As Elder Richard G. Scott spoke about four tools to find peace in the challenges of life, I scribbled in my notebook:

Patient
Earnest
Accepting
Calm
Empathetic

These are just some of the attributes and characteristics we begin to develop as we go through and overcome our challenges in life, and along the way we FIND PEACE. As Elder Richard G. Scott said, "CHALLENGES help us become more like our Father in Heaven."  Here are more of my favorite quotes from this weekend's conference: 
Heavenly Father hears your prayers, LOVES you, and He knows your name.~President Henry B. Eyring
The sacrament needs to become more holy and SACRED to each of us.~Elder James J. Hamula
Nothing else, no other choice we make, can make of us what He can.~President Thomas S. Monson
On this mortal journey we must never think that our CHOICES affect only us.~Elder Larry S. Kacher
Absolute TRUTH exists in a world that increasingly disdains and dismisses absolutes.~Elder David A. Bednar
May we be faithful followers of Christ, EXAMPLES of righteousness, thus becoming "lights in the world."~President Thomas S. Monson 
I hope to apply these in my life.  Quoting Elder Richard G. Scott again, I just need to "DO IT!"

My daughter Juliann listening to General Conference!

No comments:

Post a Comment