Saturday, October 4, 2014

Day 34-Is Your Battery Charged?

I tried to start my daughter's car on Thursday and the engine would not turn over.  Jenessa's car, which she affectionately named Saucy B, sits in our driveway waiting patiently for Jenessa to return from an 18-month mission.  Jumper cables were used and Saucy B started right up so I could drive her into the garage.  However, today when I tried to move Saucy B back to the driveway, she would not start.  Once again, jumper cables recharged the seemingly sleepy battery.  Ultimately, Saucy B needs to be driven instead of parked for long periods of time. 

Just like cars, I often need to recharge my battery in many aspects of life, such as home and family, physical and emotional health, and spiritual well being.  This weekend with my family I am recharging my battery by watching and listening to the 184th semiannual General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints worldwide broadcast.  I am relearning simple truths that inspire me to do more good in my life.  Five key quotes from the conference today  include:  
The gospel of Jesus Christ opens the path to what we may BECOME.~Elder D. Todd Christopherson
The process of gathering spiritual LIGHT is the quest of a lifetime.~President Dieter F. Uchtdorf
When all is said and done, the HOME is the ideal forum for teaching the gospel of Jesus Christ.~Elder Tad R. Callister
Acknowledge and face your WEAKNESSES, but don't be immobilized by them.~Elder Jorg Klenbingat
Rich or poor, we are to "do what we can" when others are in NEED.~Elder Jeffrey R. Holland 
This is one of my favorite weekends of the entire year not just because I get to watch from home in comfy clothes on my comfy couch, but because I know that we have a living prophet on the earth today, President Thomas S. Monson.  I get to hear President Monson speak along with the men and women who help lead and guide this true church.   I also have the opportunity to sustain the First Presidency and the Twelve Apostles as prophets, seers, and revelators during general conference.  Like my daughter who shares her testimony daily in the Florida Jacksonville Mission, I too want to follow her loving example in sharing mine.  I know that I am a daughter of a loving Heavenly Father who sent His Son Jesus Christ to atone for our sins.  I know that God knows us individually and He hears and answers prayers.  I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God who helped restore the gospel to the earth.  I know that the Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ and with the Bible brings truth, peace and comfort.  I am grateful for my testimony which is added upon as I listen to conference, (can't wait to hear more on Sunday), and hope it will spark a charge in your battery as well.  
Sister Jenessa Hutchins is looking forward to listening to General Conference #ldsconf 

No comments:

Post a Comment