Thursday, September 18, 2014

Day 18-A List of My Favorite Books

I was given a challenge on Facebook by my dear friend Lora to list my top ten books, and I could not do it.  I am unable to limit my choices to ten so I have decided to begin a list in my blog that I am sure will be added to over time.  I should be posting this on Goodreads too, but I just can't keep up with all the places one could visit online.

So here is my list in ABC order by title as I sit at my kitchen table in our Tahoe cabin. Sadly, our beautiful view of the lake is completely covered in smoke from the King fire.  I am grateful Rick and I were able to walk Lakeshore in Incline Village earlier today so we could see the sparkling blue water before it disappeared.  We will just have to stay inside, windows closed, and possibly find a good book to read, a movie to watch, or a game to play while praying for rain to help put out the fire.

Books I love to read:
  1. A Grief Observed by C. S. Lewis
  2. Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery
  3. Big Stone Gap by Adriana Trigiani
  4. Charlotte's Webb by E. B. White
  5. Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese
  6. Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown
  7. Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford
  8. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
  9. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
  10. Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankle
  11. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
  12. Moloka'i by Alan Brennert
  13. Out of Africa by Isak Dinesen
  14. Pope Joan by Donna Woolfolk Cross
  15. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
  16. Sarah's Key by Tatiana De Rosnay
  17. The Book of Mormon translated by Joseph Smith Jr.
  18. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
  19. The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
  20. The Diary of Anne Frank by Anne Frank
  21. The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton
  22. The Giver by Lois Lowry
  23. The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls
  24. The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
  25. The Harry Potter book series by J. K. Rowling
  26. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
  27. The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C. S. Lewis
  28. The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry, and the Big Hungry Bear by Don & Audrey Wood
  29. The Mitford Years series by Jan Karon
  30. The Napping House by Don & Audrey Wood
  31. The Peacegiver by James L. Ferrell
  32. The Secret Garden by Frances Burnett
  33. The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  34. The Shell Seekers by Rosamunde Pilcher
  35. The Very Hungry Catepillar by Eric Carle
  36. The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare
  37. Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom
  38. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
  39. Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
  40. Zion Covenant series by Bodie Thoene


No comments:

Post a Comment