Monday, September 15, 2014

Day 15-Love and Laughter

Today as part of the test I help to administer in the elementary school, the essay asked the students to write about what makes a good friend.  Two of the second-grade girls taking the test wrote about each other without the other one knowing.  I had glanced to make sure they had done the writing portion of the exam and noticed they each had written their friend's name as an example of a good friend.  I knew they were great friends as soon as I walked with them to the library; a special bond existed that was almost tangible.  I have thought of their friendship throughout my day, and am grateful for their sweet example.  

A friend is there for the other in spirit if they can't be there in person; she listens and cares; she makes you a better person; she celebrates your joys and she shares your sorrows; she can pick up where you left off as if no time has lapsed; she is fun; she is someone you can trust; and she supports, encourages, and loves unconditionally.

I am grateful for and cherish the many friendships that enrich my life.  I invite you to do the same.  I love the quote L.M. Montgomery, the author of Anne of Green Gables, pens:  
Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think.  It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world.
Each friend is unique and blesses us in ways that bring out different parts of our personality.  Friends bring love and laughter to our lives.  The character Anne in Anne of Green Gables says, "Life is worth living as long as there's a laugh in it."  I love to laugh with my friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment