Monday, October 24, 2016

Week 57, 58, 59, 60

Once again, I have run faster than I have had time to keep up with my blog.  The Spirit told me to only write once a month this year and I did not listen.  I will try to go back to recovering pictures from the past, but for today I have been keeping one of those Q & A journals for the past 5 years given to me nearly five years ago by my sweet friend Melia on our birthdays we share:  December 8.  An idea came to me to look at four questions I have answered in the past four weeks and compare/contrast them to my answers the past four years.  So, here goes:

Week 57-October 10-Write down the name of someone you had a good conversation with recently:

2012-Stephanie Anderson and I talked about our upcoming fun trip to Hawaii to watch our grand babies with Brett and Juliann.  Jill Parkhurst and I caught up and also talked about the sad accident that took the young life of her happy primary president.

2013-Just yesterday I picked up Melia at Murray High School and we laughed, cried and shared stories at Chick-Fil-A about her sweet father's passing, our children's lives and what we were up to.

2014-Kellie Allred gave us massages and spent the night last night.  We always have heart-to-heart conversations.

2015-Grandma Joan and I talked and talked as we took Huey to Witchfest in Gardener's Village and ate lunch at Mimi's Cafe.  Huey was an angel!

2016-Love talking to all my kids during any day of the week.  Today, Ryan's friend Devin called to chat.  Kellie Allred and I ate at Mt. Mike's for lunch before massages.

Week 58-October 18-What famous living person would you want to meet for drinks?
(Happy Birthday Linda!)

2012-I would love to sit down with church leaders President Dieter F. Uchtdorf and Elder Jeffrey R. Holland for caffeine-free Diet Cokes of course.  Hugh Jackman would be fun to meet as well.

2013--The cast of White Collar

2014-The cast of Once Upon A Time

2015-Downton Abbey cast of course!

2016-The cast of Gilmore Girls with my daughters!

Week 59-October 22-Write a haiku about your day(5 syllables/7 syllables/5 syllables).

2012-(In Hawaii with Stephanie Anderson and the Munsons)

Beautiful blue waves
Mae's & Henry's matching eyes
Hula, clapping, stars

2013-(Alamo backyard securing historic redwood)

Tree cutters sawing
The fourth trunk of redwood tree
Tall, strong and steadfast

2014-(Love Baseball!)

We've see it before~
The San Francisco Giants
Win the World Series!

2015-(At home with family)

A workout with Cam
Pretty nails with Jaclyn, and
Dinner with Ryan

2016-(Ko Olina Beach in Hawaii with Rick,
the Munsons, Ryan and Cameron)

Sandy Candy fun
Mermaids make Mae so happy
Sunsets are lovely

Week 60-October 24-How are you?  Write it in a rhyming couplet (two lines of verse that rhyme and have the same rhythm).  I usually write in this journal just before bed so I am tired and not creative.)

2012-(Ko Olina Marriot with Stephanie and Munsons)

Bobbing up & down with Mae in the pool & ocean;
Grilling hot dogs, drawing sand art cookies & pumpkins!

2013-(This may have to do with a talk from Oct General Conference)

Good, Better, Best;
Happy, Happier, Happiest!

2014-(Tiara's wedding shower at our home with the YSA and her family)

Love hosting wedding showers;
decorating, baking, arranging flowers!

2015-(I forgot to answer this one this year!)

2016-(I did two because I forgot to answer this last year and was late to answering it this year.  So, one has to do with being in Hawaii this past October with the grandchildren and the other has to do with preparing to host the flower classes Sydne Miles is doing at my home on Nov 4 & 5.)

I love art classes with Mae & Henry;
Swimming in the pool with Huey!

Love hosting class about flowers;
Thank you Sydne & all your hours!


       




No comments:

Post a Comment