Saturday, March 21, 2015

Day 202-Turning Back Time

Turning back time as I read old journals, I came across one of my all time favorite entries that still is as fresh in my mind as the day it happened 18 years ago.  On March 21, 1997, I wrote the following entry about Ryan who was six years old then:  "Today Ryan thought he had left his lunch at home and came crying to the school fence before I turned the corner in the car.  I yelled out the passenger window to him that I had put it in his backpack.  Before I told him this, he looked devastated. He truly has a tender heart under all his boyishness.  I am glad.  I love him so!"  To this day, Ryan has this tender heart for which I am ever so grateful!

Just before this entry about Ryan on March 3, 1997, I recorded the following story:  "Several appliances have broken the past week and are in need of repair. Today the refrigerator/freezer needed a new compressor.  I never would have believed paying $278 for one would be a blessing, but it just so happened that the repairman noticed the old radio, which used to belong to my sister Sandy, now had a very bad cord. The outlet that the cord had been plugged into behind the refrigerator was turning black from this faulty cord even when the radio was not turned on.  The repairman said that the radio was 'a fire waiting to happen'. Needless to say, the radio is in the garbage!  Thank you Heavenly Father for this miracle in our lives!" 

I am very thankful for this and many other entries that recall sweet memories of family and tender mercies from God.

Our Family in 1997

No comments:

Post a Comment