Friday, March 6, 2015

Day 187-Charlotte

It's not often I meet someone my age who has my name Charlotte, but today I began talking with a blonde-headed woman as we walked to our respective tennis clinics and I did.  We both laughed out loud because it rarely happens.  Soon after tennis, I found myself driving to a dear friend's home and noticed once again the street name nearby called Charlotte Way.  What I like about that is my maiden name use to be May so when I looked at the sign, it seemed to read "Charlotte May".  

The past couple of years I have heard the name Charlotte uttered by mothers looking for their daughters in places that I have been shopping.  The popularity of the name Charlotte is increasing.  In 2009 it ranked #68 and in 2015 it is #7.  The name Charlotte is French and is the feminine form of "Charles"; I like that the name is connected to royalty also.  As a little girl my sisters and family called me "Charlie" and "Cha-Cha"; today I am either called by my given name or "Char" for short.  Please don't call me "Lottie"; I promise I won't answer!

Miss Charlotte Anne May
at my sister Linda's wedding

The Street Named Charlotte Way

No comments:

Post a Comment