Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Day 135-Automatic Renewal

I received a notice that my subscription to Pandora Radio will automatically renew in February and I will be charged at that time.  I thought about how we personally all need automatic renewal so we will be charged, but not in the sense of having to pay monetarily to enjoy something worthwhile. Rather we need to renew ourselves; otherwise, we may pay a steep price physically, emotionally, intellectually, and spiritually.  

With January, the month of renewed interest in goal setting, most of us are trying to benefit from eating less, choosing wisely what we eat, exercising, and possibly sleeping a bit more.  Another goal may be to connect with others in whatever setting we find ourselves in, such as having lunch or walking with a friend, attending church, work, or a book club, and so forth.  For me, my continued effort in writing this blog each day tests my writing skills and renews me intellectually.  Studying the word of God, praying, listening to music, and giving service renews me spiritually.  Some of these goals are automatic; they are habits I practice often.  Others, are not so automatic and need to become so.  Renewing ourselves and becoming fully charged leads to greater capacity to cope with challenges placed before us with balance, peace, health and happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment