Saturday, December 6, 2014

Day 97-"Grease" Is Positively The Word!

So today Rick and I were good sports and without much practice, we made a lip sync video to a song from the 1978 movie Grease.  Imagine us trying to be John Tavolta and Olivia Newton-John pretending to sing "You Are The One That I Want".  If you are laughing trying to imagine it, I promise that you would laugh even more if you saw it.  This Christmas, our children have decided to add a few more games to our fun-filled holiday and lip syncing is one of them.  We may not win for the best lip sync, but we most definitely win for being first to make one for this activity and having a good time doing it.  

Rick and I were 19 and 18 respectively when the movie was released.  Rick saw the movie and even wrote the following in his missionary journal before leaving on his mission:  
I am so psyched to go on a mission.  I want to serve the Lord, but does it mean giving up Disco dancing and girls.  Those will be the two toughest regulations I have to face. Even though Char is waiting for me, I am still going to miss the dancing.  I can't wait till I come home to dance again.  The picture of John Travolta and Olivia Newton John in the movie Grease reminds me of disco--dressed in black and she is so good looking. . . . All I know is that I am going to serve the Lord and I must follow the rules.
Well, our Disco dancing days look like they ended quite a while ago when you look at us dancing now, but back then, Rick rocked the dance floor!  He is the one that I want!    

Rick at the Old Salt Lake City Mission Home

Grease

No comments:

Post a Comment