Monday, December 22, 2014

Day 113-Peter Pan 24 Years Later

Ryan was born on May 8, 1990 at John Muir Hospital in Walnut Creek with a cerebral hemorrhage. Once diagnosed and given a blessing, he was sent by ambulance to Oakland Children's Hospital, but I could not be released until the next day.  That night was one of the longest nights of my life hearing other babies cry and not having mine near.  That week we prepared for him to have a shunt, but on the day of the surgery the spinal fluid began to drain and he was blessed to not need one.  
Later, Rick and I planned a special trip to Disneyland with our daughters and then three-month old son to celebrate him being well.  I recall vividly holding Ryan as a baby on the Peter Pan ride thinking how fragile life is, holding him tight as we flew over the lights of London, and feeling so grateful for him in my arms.  Each time we come to Disneyland, I ride Peter Pan with Ryan no matter how grown up he is and feel those same feelings of gratitude.  

Family Fun at Disneyland

 Our Mae Bear
Cream Cheese Pretzels with Auntie Nessa
Peter Pan Ride with Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment