Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Day 52-Possibilities Are Endless

Yesterday while at Nordstrom's in Walnut Creek, I stood at the same clothing counter next to Julie Haener, the Bay Area  KTVU/FOX broadcaster who I admire and was glad to observe how nice and down to earth she really is. Of my many choices that I contemplated when deciding on a major at BYU, communications/broadcasting was my first choice, but I changed it again and again, not knowing myself very well then.  Needless to say, I believe being a broadcaster would have been a fun career though the hours may not be convenient.  There are so many choices in life:  where to attend college, what career to pursue, whom to marry, where to live, and so on. The choices can seem overwhelming.  Hmmm, I wonder what my life would have been like if I had become a broadcaster?  I believe I would have been happy regardless, because I am a happy person.  

If I could go back in time and still be where I am now, I would do it just to correct mistakes I realize I made, but at the same time those decisions right or wrong are what make up me.  I am a product of the daily decisions and choices I make.  I appreciate the things I have learned from the places I have been, the people who have influenced my life, and the challenges that have happened even if difficult.  Jennifer Garner sums up in the movie The Odd Life of Timothy Green that even if we learn from the mistakes we have already made, we will be sure to make different ones when doing things over. This is how we grow and develop.  So, though you can contemplate sliding doors, we really can't go back and even if we try to do things over, we still won't be perfect. On the other hand, we can ask ourselves: "Where can my life go from where I am now, how can I try to do better, and who can I yet become?" Oh, the possibilities are endless!

For example, to make up for not writing about the SF Giants taking the lead in the first game of the World Series last night, I will pretend to be a journalist which would be another exciting career choice and write about the Giants now.  To put it simply, the Giants put an end to the Kansas City Royals' post season winning streak, and made for a very sad game if you were a Royals' fan. Giants win opening game 7-1.  If you are a Giants' fan, let's hope for a similar outcome tonight; it could happen!



No comments:

Post a Comment